About OTOHIME body and heads
The OTOHIME body is made out of soft vinyl (PVC).
It is very light because the inside of body is hollow.
Joints are made out of PVC so it is a little fragile and unsmooth movements
compared to the hard plastic joints body. So please take care of her gently.
She will be able to stand by herself without a stand.
You can use the stand that comes with the set,
if you would like to make her pose.
About OTOHIME body
Please read this information before purchasing OTOHIME dolls.
〇 About soft vinyl products
- OTOHIME dolls are made out of soft vinyl (PVC),which is the same plastic resin Kewpie dolls and Barbie dolls are made out of.
- Soft vinyl products tend to get softer in summer and harder in winter. Leaving soft vinyl dolls in direct sun in hot summer might cause joints to loosen.
- Soft vinyl products get stained very easily from dark color clothes. Once it gets stained, the color will go deeper and it will be impossible to remove the stain.
DO NOT leave clothing in dark colors like black on soft vinyl dolls. Have a lighter color clothing on your dolls as everyday clothes and use darker clothes for their special outfit.
- If the body gets dirty by normal handling, wipe with tissue paper soaked in nail polish remover (acetone).
〇 Joints of body
- Joints are also made of soft vinyl. Each part is posed by pressing tightly. Parts should move in one direction. Since soft vinyl gets softer in hot summer, joint movement might change a little bit. Compared to hard plastic joint dolls, OTHIME joints don't move smoothly. But you still can enjoy all kinds of posing of OTOHIME body.
- Soft vinyl is not susceptible to stretching out and is very durable. However, please don't pull the soft vinyl product intentionally very hard. If joints fell apart somehow, warm the joint area with a hair dryer or hot water to soften them and put them together.
〇 Standing and posing
- OTOHIME doll can stand by herself for a short time, but the exclusive stand would help her keep standing.
- The OTOHIME body can move arms up and bend or bend at knees. （In hot summer, joints might be a little loose.)
- OTOHIME head can tilt from side to side, front to back, and left to right.
〇 Connection of head and body
- Insert tip of the neck to the bottom opening of head and put on cap to secure the head. If soft vinyl get hard, use hair dryer to soften it.
- When you would like to take the cap off, the hair dryer will help.
〇 About face-up
- Parabox offers blank Fu-chan head and Yu-chan head. You just need aclyric paints and pastel for simple face-up.
- Parabox sells 20mm and 22mm eyelashes. We recommend 22mm size eyelashes for the OTOHIME head.
CEMEDINE SUPER-X adhesive is recommended for attaching eyelashes, but any adhesive agent for soft vinyl may be good.
〇 Applying eyes to head
- Yu-chan(realistic-look) head takes 26mm eyes.
- Fu-chan (Anime-look) head takes 34mm eyes.
- We recommend using removable putty like Scotch Removable Mounting Putty to hold eyes temporarly and use glue for permanent hold. Remove putty after glued. If you would like to change eyes later, glue and eyes may be removed and repeat the same process to attach different eyes.
〇 Applying wig
- Wig could be fixed temporarly or permanently.
- If you would like to have a wig fixed permanently on head, put adhesive agent like CEMEDINE SUPER-X adhesive clear type 4 spots along the edge inside of wig. Just in case you want to remove the wig later, don't put adhesive agent above forehead.
- If you prefer not to use adhisive agent, we recommend using mechanical fasteners, which is Velcro thin film. Put you can apply the stiff side of it to the head and it will still hold the wig
in place. (no need to use the soft side.)。
- Darker color wigs like black or dark brown might stain head.
To prevent it Parabox offers wig caps. Apply a wig cap under wig.
- All the wigs that Parabox offers for OTOHIME dolls are heat-resistant wigs. You can use hair iron to style the wig.（up to 150 degrees Celsius）